Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my series of unfortunate events I didn't make it to Bowling Green this year. How was the Tech Seminar put on by Mike Licht of Full Throttle Speed and Style? What did they cover? Details man I want details!!!!!! Hey Mike did you video it? A DVD would be great.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
Due to my series of unfortunate events I didn't make it to Bowling Green this year. How was the Tech Seminar put on by Mike Licht of Full Throttle Speed and Style? What did they cover? Details man I want details!!!!!! Hey Mike did you video it? A DVD would be great.
The speakers were,
Harry from PT+E
Lance from F.A.S.T.
Bob from Bailey Eng.
Julio from alkycontrol

Lots of new products on display.
Harry talked alot about some new BB turbos coming out.
Lance mentioned a new ignition controller.
Bob talked about the Translator Gen II, and MAFTPRO.
Julio about alky, and tuning with it.

The BB turbos are going to need coolant plumbed to them, and the old Throttle Body lines should due fine. Spool up can be a 1,000 RPM lower, according to Harry.

Lance was rather vague about what all the new controller was actually going to do, just that it was compatible with everything.

Dunno about any vids.

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
i got a free shirt!!! :wink:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
northerngn said:
i got a free shirt!!! :wink:

Were there girls in bakini's throwing them out to the crowd??

·
Mmmmm....Kool Aid
741 Posts
We thought about that but Marianne said NADA, no way. :)
We got quite a bit of positive feedback there was some interesting discussions. We have over 350 people show up and gave out over 75 prizes in the end. Mostly because Harry and Razor dumped the mother load of T-Shirts on us. One guy even walked out with a new crank rod and piston package.
First we would like to thank the panel guys for all the prizes and the time they spent to answer questions.
Next I would like to thak all the people who attended the seminar. This was a fairly expensive event to put on and we were really not sure if we would have anyone show up but we were sure suprised and overwhelmed when we had to ask the hotel for more chairs knowing we already had 300 there. We hope you got something out if coming and at least had some fun. I know we did and we will likely do it again sometime :cheers:
Mike & Marianne

·
Mmmmm....Kool Aid
741 Posts
I am not sure how to answer that one Bill. To be honest we have not decided on how we are going to handle that event. In the past I have spent big money to come to first time events only to lose a bunch. (Bristol, BPG...) Tech sessions and big vendor booths cost big money and my goal is only to break even, if I think we can I will consider putting something together. If I could get some other vendor/tech people to help cover the costs involved on a tech session it would be much easier to do, what do you want to do?.
Mike

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Turbo Bill said:
How about at Indy????

Jeeze Bill,don't get him started. :D
Look at all the guys who didn't go to BG that will probably hit Indy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts