Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have all the parts to convert my NA 3.8 Engine/trans/rearend/wiring harness/eletric fans? and what ever else I need?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I rarely post anymore...but I'll make an exception. Any drivetrain you buy...will have to be freshened up...not cheap. You need the 8.5 diff...once again...not cheap. There's a whole whack of other parts you need to make the conversion. I'm a car collector...so I'm constantly on Kijiji. I ran across this GN the other nite, Looks to be clean...stock...and priced very reasonable. $12,000 cash would likely take it. If this GN lives up to it's billing...then it's a solid start for you. Beg...borrow...or steal the money...or wait till you have the cash to buy a GN. Don't get into a costly conversion...when you can have the real deal...for a couple bucks more. I'll leave it at that...and if any of you other guys wanna shoot holes in this...knock yourselves out.

1987 Grand national - Ottawa Collector Cars For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa Canada.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
^^^ What he said:yup: When your done your Olds is still worth what ever an Olds is going for.There are alot of GN's for sale and prices are the best I have ever seen:dunno:

Kevin:cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh I guess you guys are right. I just thought it would be a wicked sleeper and I kinda like the front end of the Oldsmobile better.

Althought the rearend Tailights on a Regal are sexy.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I rarely post anymore...but I'll make an exception. Any drivetrain you buy...will have to be freshened up...not cheap. You need the 8.5 diff...once again...not cheap. There's a whole whack of other parts you need to make the conversion. I'm a car collector...so I'm constantly on Kijiji. I ran across this GN the other nite, Looks to be clean...stock...and priced very reasonable. $12,000 cash would likely take it. If this GN lives up to it's billing...then it's a solid start for you. Beg...borrow...or steal the money...or wait till you have the cash to buy a GN. Don't get into a costly conversion...when you can have the real deal...for a couple bucks more. I'll leave it at that...and if any of you other guys wanna shoot holes in this...knock yourselves out.

1987 Grand national - Ottawa Collector Cars For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa Canada.
Brad is right on the money.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I agree as well with what Brad has said. Your Cutlass is a fine example of an mid 80's G body. The pics you have up in your other thread look very nice, and the car has low mileage to boot.
I would leave that car well enough alone and either keep or sell it the way it is. The GN that Brad linked looks to be fairly clean and of good/decent price.
Patience grasshopper :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you want a sleeper. 1 rare t in Windsor has a mint 87 buick limited, Half the people wouldn't know what hit them.

·
TURBOWTIE
588 Posts
been there done it

sell the olds and get a t or gn .
They are a bargain now compared to when I did the conversion on the turbomontemoneypitfunfunfun way back when. Also the majority for sale are 12 sec cars or quicker.

ditto for the comments above

Steve
:cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:6:Thanks guys, Yall restored faith into my quest for GN

1 - 9 of 9 Posts