Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told by dynotech in new jersey that the first thing that i should do to my 87 gn is to change the fuel system. because the stock one is to week or something like that. if that is true what would i need to redo the fuel system right. i guess that means a new fuel pump and stuff. also what is the best exaust system for my gn? i have heard some mixed reviews.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The stock pump was marginal at best and the stock wiring is too small to deliver full voltage.

Most cars work well with a 2.5" exhaust-cheapest is the aluminized Hooker 2.5" which normally fits well altho someone recently complained about the fit.

Stainless steel systems cost a lot more, but, might not be bad over the longterm if you live in an area where snow is bad and you don't drive a winter beater.

<small>[ August 20, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im definetly not a pro here, but I believe the first things you would want to do to upgrade your fuel system would be to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, better fuel pump, and hot wire the fuel pump. Depending on your goal for the car, possibly bigger injectors and the corresponding chip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts