Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vaccume line blew off of my Fuel preasure regulator, while I was driving! I was messin with a buddy for a while. The car just didn't feel right. As I was checking my oil and spiffing up the engine compartment(you could eat off it, no shi#'n) I saw the line was off the regulator. I was rompin the car, so what damage may have occured? I took a quick listen to the car, and the engine sounded ok. I'm sure its gotta affect somthing. Maybe I dodged another bullet. ugh powersix

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Without the line on you wouldn't be increasing fuel pressure as your increasing throttle. So you'd be running lean. You could always put a tie rap on it to be safe.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: forzfed ]</small>

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
1 saftey check also :)
check for oil around or in vac line
(oil will swell vac lines)
maybe rubber elbow has poor grip on hose
if oil is found check all other lines at vac port
too
failed or none gm pcv??
better safe than sorry
headbang

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car has been running like crap recently. The car just feels heavyer? It shifts late, and bogs. The boost soetimes shoots way up. Its been like this for over a month now. I have been meaning to take it in, but just haven't had the money. Does that sound like the pcv? I don't remember changing it for a while. They probably don't last as good in a turbo car. I also thought that it was a blocked cat, or my converter. Any opinions welcome. Thanks guys. help

·
Registered
92 Posts
if u run it with out vac at fuel reg u would run lean woulnt it make it detonate and cause pistion damage even more so if u were beaten on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts