Turbo Buick Forums banner

fuel rail thread size

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  PRSRIZD_V6 
#1 ·
I am desperitly trying to find something that will thread onto the fuel rail. I have an 87 GN and want to hook up a fuel pressure gauge. If anybody knows the thread size or and easy way to hook up a gauge I would love the help. Even where to buy a tap that will thread a hole with the same thread size I already have a peice to tap.
thanks

#2 ·
Remove the cap off the end of the rail, remove the schraeder valve, install a -4AN fitting....taper is slightly different but that is the size that most use and it seals.

#4 ·
On that note does anyone know what the name of the fitting is that connect the fuel lines to the fuel rail/regulator?

I want to run a 6AN return + 8AN feed. I know they make the fittings, but I want to make sure I have the correct size before I start buying or cobbling them.

I think it's called a Saginaw something or another, similar to a power steering fitting I think....

I've heard of some people soldering a fitting on, but I'd rather not go that route.

#5 ·
PTE sells them...I think the one Accel sells is from PTE

both six and eight available I believe.

#6 ·
I'll guess, don't really know though....

3/8" single flare pipe? Prolly similar to a tranny line.

#7 ·
for fuel pressure gauge i have a piece from NOS for a nitrous pressure gauge and screwed it on of course without a scrader valve and put a #4 cap on the end. only bad thing is you have to hope you can get it tight in the right position for the gauge to be on the roght side

mine was off just a little it got tight too soon so i just tightend and loosened it a few times and it came on around to where i needed it to be.

now to drain fuel i just take the cap off with 9/16 wrench and dont have to mess with a scrader valve.

just get a good quality gauge with 1/8 pipe nipple on the back and screw it right in.
i tried a few cheap guages and they wont last with the vibrations the motor puts out.

#8 ·
In your case,I would look up Kinsler Fuel In jection.They're located in Michigan,I believe and should have everything you need.Have fun.

------------------
Give em' hell!

#9 ·
Aeroquip has the Saginaw adapter fitting you need for the fuel rail to use -6 AN. i think Jegs and Summit have them if you don't have a local supplier for AQ.

HTH,
Chuck

#10 ·
I figured it out. Ot is a hydraulic flares tread. I picked up a 1/4 flared to a 1/8 pipe thread for 13 bucks canadian at a hose fitting store.
thanks for the help

#11 ·
Now that I think about it, these are probably the same fittings I bought for my transmission, to run 6AN lines for the cooler. I can get them from my local speed shop. Summit may be cheaper though. Kinsler is cool, but it's a bit of a drive for me. Maybe if I decide to go vandalize my old employer, which was right down the street.

Where's the best way to run the fuel lines? I figure down the front of the engine and over to the driver's side frame rail.... Not sure though. I've spent a lot of time on the hot side of the car re-routing the trans cooler lines since I put my THDP on, and I don't want to go through an ordeal like that again. So I want to plan this out a little better this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.