Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this done properly? What do I need? I am tired of trying to aim to almost run out of gas as I arrive at the track. Thanks!

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, Accel yellow tops, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower control arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

[This message has been edited by shaunchrisc (edited September 28, 2002).]

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
pull the sheader vavle out of the fuel rail, take some 3/8 hose and clamp it to the fuel rail.

unplug the under hood light at the connector, plug the power wire from the light into the plug coming out of the harness behind the altenator.
The Hood light connector and the fuel pump connector are male and female so you cant screw it up.

When connected the pump will run and let it run till the fuel comes out in a unsteady stream(bubbles and such), then you know the tank is empty.
There are more directions on how to do this on gnttype.org

Joe

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49, 009's, Hooker cat back, CAS V4, Art Carr 3000 stall, THDP and all the other usual stuff.
[email protected]

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, but I'm having a hard time finding where this is explained on www.gnttype.org

I just want to do it right. I'm actually not sure what electrical connector I am suposed to be using. I though I could just tap into the fuel rail and turn the key to the on position. Could I possibly use the fuel rail gauge I have as part of my homade draining kit?

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
There are two wires coming out of the harness on the driver side that are not connected to anything. I think they may have been wrapped up from the factory but they are there.

Joe

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49, 009's, Hooker cat back, CAS V4, Art Carr 3000 stall, THDP and all the other usual stuff.
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts