Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
did a rough mock up off my fuel pumps and pre-filters on a 3/16 alum plate . dam heavy (each pump is 6.25 lbs . so I guess with filters I'm looking at close to 13lbs ) ..I'm a little concerned about supporting it from under the trunk pan . secondly ... I want it mounted directly under fuel cell , so... I cant have any bolt heads on the top side of trunk pan coming in contact with bottom of fuel cell . any suggestions or ideas ?????

I'm thinking of a 1/8" alum backing plate on the top side of trunk pan to distribute weight . and a type of flanged bolt similar to whats used on a toilet flange . so nothing comes in contact with bottom of fuel cell . each pump/filter will be mounted to 3/16" plate with rubber isolators where clamp flanges mount to alum plate . good ..bad ....idea ?got a better one ? :)

Attachments

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I came up with something . took a few measurements last night and fabbed this up at a buddys garage with light guage steel U channel .. It's going to sit between the two stock gas tank support channels . and will be stitch welded to the lower trunk floor and stock tank support channels . this way any weight is supported mostly from channels and it will be solid .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I think I came up with something . took a few measurements last night and fabbed this up at a buddys garage with light guage steel U channel .. It's going to sit between the two stock gas tank support channels . and will be stitch welded to the lower trunk floor and stock tank support channels . this way any weight is supported mostly from channels and it will be solid .
That looks way more Gooder.

Just get that new bracket powder
Coated and your set.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
Better Indeed. Carriage bolt heads should be harmless too.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
ya i agree . i may move the pumps inboard to the same centers as the outlets on the fuel cell sump . and just come out from outlets with 180 an fittings directly to pre-filters .
Probably safer that way?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
ya i agree . i may move the pumps inboard to the same centers as the outlets on the fuel cell sump . and just come out from outlets with 180 an fittings directly to pre-filters .

You will want to work out some sort of isolater system, the sound that will resonate will drive you batty.....

:cheers:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Looks great Tim!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts