Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why spend $$$ on fuel pump hotwire kit? I do not have one but is it not just a wire from alternator to the fuel pump power feed?? Or something like that??
I must be missing something?? How do they wire these things??
THANKS!! uzi dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Buying one is for those that are not familiar with wiring things.

1. 10 gauge wire off alternator immediately to a 30 amp fuse in a hd holder.

2. From fuse to a 30-40 amp relay mounted by the fan relays on inner fender.

3. lead from the fuel pump test connector to the relay trigger. Ground wire from the relay ground to screw that mounts relay to inner fender.

4. wire from relay thru the frame to rear of the car. cut the power wire to the pump at the connector and attach the 10 gauge that you ran to the back. Not a bad idea to make it so you can unplug the hot wire and replug the original wire just in case some day, the hotwired relay fails.

5. from the turned up corner run an extra ground wire to the sheet metal in the back...not the frame which is not normally grounded direct. Be sure the hold you drill for the screw in the turned up corner is outside the weld mark so you have no drips from the tank.

Some of the commercial kits use the original power wire to trigger a relay at the back of the car...this puts two relays in the loop which might be more likely to have one fail and make it harder to rewire to get home unless you have some extra wire with you to jump the circuit.

Might cost you $12 or so if you don't have some of the stuff already. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!! VERY PRECISE!!!
Who do you reccomend that sells something that
looks like it belongs there?? I know Kirban has one?? Now I see why they want the $$$. Might as well go with something that looks professional!!
THANKS AGAIN!! :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Email Jack @ Racetronix. He's at Don Mills & Steeles. Maybe he'll give a deal for 2 since I need one for the 87 Limited.

dave

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Dave,
Just E-Mailed Jack, let's see what he says??
David eek! :mad:

·
Registered
609 Posts
BOOST PERFORMANCE;they are distributors of Racetronix.BOOST PERFORMANCE sold me the same racetronix website ad WALBORO 340 M FUEL PUMP WITH PLUG N PLAY WIRING HARNESS for the same price as the RACETRONIX PRICE,which is 154.99.i chose BOOST because RACETRONIX will only take paypal; and BOOST PERFORMANCE EXCEPTS VISA!
BO0ST PERFORMANCE IN AMIRILLO ,TX
PHONE#(806)342-3013
GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quality Coatings:
Hey Dave,
Just E-Mailed Jack, let's see what he says??
David eek! :mad:
No email here yet???

Rogers is the best :rolleyes:

<small>[ June 16, 2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Racetronix ]</small>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts