Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for what the usual problem is that is behind these going bad. My pump appears to have given up it's ghost, I jumper the pump to force it to run, have anywhere from 6 to 7.8 Amp draw on the circuit but no fuel pressure or pump whine. Wondering if the bearings/bushings have froze up? Fuel filter was just changed, I can put a vacuum pump on the supply line and get some fuel so I don't think the check valve is stuck closed....

Would also like to know if the Syclone pump mentioned on GNTTYPE will at least support a mid 12 second car(22 lb boost), if local parts store has one I want to get the car running before Sunday so I can still compete in the race I have already paid my entry fee for frown

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Tonka ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think it will probably do the trick...might have to raise the pressure a bit.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it could at least get me through the weekend, then I have a couple weeks to order and install a 340 or something....

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think the 340 is the obvious choice. As I said, you might have to turn the pressure up a bit to get the same volume as before. But, with a hot wire, I think it will give enuf for mid 12s..try it and see. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts