Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone advise whether or not to remove the fuel pulsator.(heard different opinionns on this)from RACETRONIX's. Also looking for some kind of procedure on removing and reinstalling the tank and fuel pump
Thanks much
Joe help help

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely remove it , replace it w/ rubber hose in kit. Nice kit I just installed mine 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have a friend to help? A good friend a floor jack, 2x2 piece of wood. Also go to GNTTYPE.ORG tech section they give you a step by step on tank removal, pump replacement

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Are you dropping the tank just to remove the pulsator ?? If so there is no need to unless it's broken or leaking. Wait until you need to upgrade your fuel pump.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips I new I could count on you guys for advice. As for as the friend goes I will heed that warning. But having a lift in your own garage makes life alot easier when it comes to doing this type of work. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most people don't have one laying around (I did), but a motorcycle jack works perfect for removing and reinstalling a TR gas tank. You can usually pick one up for around 100 bucks at Sam's Club. Sometimes even Wal Mart or other such places carry them. cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stu that is a great idea. However I am lucky enough (thanks to my wife) to have my own lift in my garage I also own a tranny jack which should work too. powersix

1 - 8 of 8 Posts