Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my fuel pressure acting up'First, I found that my vdo gauge was off by 10 pounds.So I bought the liquid one from summit and the Kenny Bell (hood set up)so I can make sure both fuel pumps are suppling the gas at the track.Put them on and the Kenny Bell one goes at the begging of the fuel rail and the small one at the end.Set the F.P to 42 and took it out.Running rich at the bottom end.Went to cell 15 on the extreem trans.plus and brought the # to 7 from 8(dissengauge #) and it was 820 in first gear.Tried it again o2's were high and running rich.Check my fuel pressure and it was at 50,line off and finger covering the vac line.Parked the car for the night and started her up tonight.When back to the cell 15 and dissengauges the (forget the name right now)Started her up let her idle and checked the F.P 50#? so I brought it down to 42 and took it out for a drive.Not bad.Parked for around 30 minutes and check the fuel pressure.30lbs and The line off with the vac line plugged with my finger. Went home and did a vac pressure test on the fuel pressure reg and got 30lbs(thats all the vac leak tester went to)The fuel pressure reg is the allum one ,I think I bought it from Ron,s AUTO(don't remeber the make)

Any one have A Idea what could be causing this!
Thanks for all you help!
Mike dunno

·
Jack of all Trades
428 Posts
I'm not going to say this is a fix all. However if this is a billet FP regulator like the one Kirban sells you might want to try the following. I noticed the following after replacing mine and trying to figure out what was leaking. I came to the conclusion that a little bit of vacuum leaking around the Nylon washer under the tightening nut. I used a rubber o-ring between the FP regulator and the Nylon washer which seems to fix the problem.

Good luck!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
You have a bad FPR. Verify it with another gauge and then throw it away. A true source for a tuning nightmare... canada

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys! When I get home tonight I will check with another gauge.If it is the fpg,whick one would you recomend...the Accufab?I think I have the one Kirban sells in his book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts