Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the ECM make adjustments to injector flow rates when the fuel pressure is changed? I'd like to lean my A/F - can I do this with fuel pressure or do I have to have the chip re-programmed?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The following is my undertanding, and may be wrong and confusing. The "Thrasher" web site has a good explanation, which is right and confusing. The ECM makes adjustments in closed loop, which means not in wide-open-throttle. BUT.. the ECM will adjust WOT based on what happens in the high load portion of the BLM. So, if you lower fuel pressure, the ECM will "learn" that it needs to inject more to keep the mixture "right" in closed loop, and then when you go to WOT, it will again inject more, giving you a richer mixture. But you might run into limits, with lower pressure the injectors can go static, and you will then end up lean, and will have knock. If your chip is programmed to lock the BLMs in the middle of the range at WOT, then you can use fuel pressure to tune more easily. I hope somebody who really knows how to explain this will post!! (A translator or translator+ makes tuning much easier, I am told)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts