Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 87 G.N. and was told the injectors and the turbo were upgraded! How can I find out if this is true? Is there a part # on either to tell me, and if so where can I find it?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
injectors should have a number or two numbers on them.

Turbo is hard to tell...sometimes vendors engrave them, I think. Does it have a removable bell on the inlet from the maf or is the bell one piece with the compressor housing?

The stock turbos are from the TA series, as are some of the upgrades, and have a bolt on bell. The TE series have a one piece bell.

Measuring the diameter of the wheels will tell you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked on the injectors and there are 3 different set of #'s two on either side and one towards the top,the ones on the side read 62103 and the other D3181AA the one on the top is 1072. Any help here would be greatly appriated.

Steve Wood:
injectors should have a number or two numbers on them.

Turbo is hard to tell...sometimes vendors engrave them, I think. Does it have a removable bell on the inlet from the maf or is the bell one piece with the compressor housing?

The stock turbos are from the TA series, as are some of the upgrades, and have a bolt on bell. The TE series have a one piece bell.

Measuring the diameter of the wheels will tell you.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve Wood:
I believe if you relook, the number is 621031 and they are 42.5# Lucas injectors...sometimes called green stripes or 009s which was the end of the old parts number.
Thanks, you are right I looked again and that is the #. I appriate the help. I'm sure I will be on here again asking alot more questions.

·
Registered
293 Posts
First thing you should do is pull the ECM, remove the cover, and find out what chip is in it. It may have "009" on it, and it just might list the turbo. Either way you HAVE to find out what chip is in it.

Also a top priority is finding out what fuel pump is in the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts