Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On friday I was driving to my girlfriend's house and the GN died on me at a red light. It was a pretty warm day and the temp gauge was at 200. After 2-3 minutes it cranked up but acted as if it was running out of fuel so i idled into a parking lot. I popped the hood and the fuel pressure was at 20psi with the line on and droping slowly. I turned it off, let it sit for 3 hours and tried it again and it ran fine, good pressure, etc. Yesterday I was thinking about racing but wanted to check the fuel pressure first. It was about 40 psi with the line on. I went to test it and fuel pressure decreased with a little boost so i let out. I took the vaccuum hose off of the regualtor and did a short test run again. IT was at 42psi when i drove to my little test area, fuel pressure dropped and varied between 38-32 when i got on it a little( <5psi of boost) so i let out again. By the time i got back from the test run(total travel distance of maybe a mile or 1.5 miles) the fuel pressure was down to 28psi at idle with the line off. I'm leaning towards a fualty fuel pump. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
90 Posts
What kind of fuel pump are you running? Is it hotwired? If so check the hotwire power tap, fuse and relay connections

How about the Fuel filter? When was it changed last? Assuming its not rusted in solid and has been there a while it would be worth trying before you start messing with the tank.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahaeragain said:
What kind of fuel pump are you running? Is it hotwired? If so check the hotwire power tap, fuse and relay connections

How about the Fuel filter? When was it changed last? Assuming its not rusted in solid and has been there a while it would be worth trying before you start messing with the tank.
Its a hotwired 340 I bought almost a year ago. The filter was changed after it died on me but before I made the test runs. I'm going to check all of the wiring next weekend when I have time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts