Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Which Mackey is that?
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I get my mastercylinder and rear axle sorted out, I need to get my car back up-to-snuff- re-routing hoses, fixin the boost solenoid, a boost controller, adj wastegate, and a few other small items- I need to get my fuel sorted out. Obviously this is not a daily driving car, being that I have a truck, and 93 octane is 3.05 up here, cheap at 3.01 in some places....

My point, and question to you guys; Is there anything you can add to the fuel to bump up the octane, or just plain better, that you can throw in at the pump and be done with? I dont need the 104 booster, but is there something good to put into the tank to combat $hitty fuel, and improve performance?

Just looking to get a better running car is all!

John :6:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
you can add xylene or touline- go to gnttype and look up the home made octane booster- never use the stuff at the store- 4 point octant booster means 92.2 to 92.6.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Get a good alky kit, and just run 87.
I have an Alkycontrol.com unit, and have been running 87, with no lose of performance. While intially $$, it the long run with prices they way they are, it will be cost effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts