Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ability to install and solder my gen 2 in and the initial set up is complete, but for some reason I can't figure out how to tune the thing. Running 110 octane 23lb boost at WOT and get O2 MVP of 660.... 0 knock...Does that mean I select high load and add percentage of a number? Thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do you have a wide band?
I use the wide bad correction with mine works great, its hard to tune with the narrow band it sounds like you need fuel in the high load range but its hard to be really sure without the wide band readings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a wide band . So I guess I need this and set my air fuel and let the gen 2 do all the work for me? Does that sound right? Where do I get the wide band and which one is best for our cars? Thank you all for input !

·
Registered
490 Posts
I use an AEM wide band, with the TT chip you have you won't be able to use the wide band correction or adjust the timing with the GEN2.
With the the Extender G chip that is set up especially for the GEN2 you can take advantage of all the features.

I like the TT chip and found that its base setting suited my car well, I did make the switch the the Extender G and have not been disappointed it just took a bit of tuning to get the base setting right before I went to the WOT changes.

With the wide band and the TT chip you can still adjust the timing if you want its done with the chip not the Gen2. Wide band tracking will not work either but you can take it out do a couple tuning pulls and then dial in your desired AF ratio by adding or subtracting fuel with the Gen 2. My car seems to like 10.8 some like more some like less. Nice thing about this set up is if you disconnect the battery you don't lose all your settings that the gen 2 is holding. It still resets the chip so settings in the chip will be lost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts