Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of rear tire talk on the board, not much front.
Seems the popular 15" tire size to run is a 215/65 15. What else is everyone running and what BRAND. Seems a 215/65 15 is a little scarce for most manufaturers...any similar profiles (height, but maybe a little skinnier? Don't want to get to short on height, I don't care for ALOt of rake) The tir ewill be for street.

I'll be running a 275/60 rear, what's some opinions for a good match (looks and handling) for fronts.
Pics would be great.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I posted a reply on the other board for you even though I hate going there. I run what Louie has after seeing his...205/75-15's. Gives the car the perfect stance IMO with that tire combo.

·
Registered
633 Posts
seems most people like talking about REARS. ugh :D

i have 215/70-15's on my front T wheels, looks good, similar to what Rob Raymer has on his Stage T. got 'em from Poop Boys (Pep Boys)for $40. headbang

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
zam70 - Whose wheels are those on your car. I have the 4, 16 GNX (Trans Am) wheels and want to pick up a pair of full drag slicks vs current MT ET's and realize I should get 15" as the options are more plentiful with 15's over 16's.
If I am going to change the rears for drag racing, I might as well have the skinnier fronts that match.
If you have the exact model number, back space, etc, that would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're talking about the wheels currently on the car, They are all 16x8s. I've sold them and am going with centerline telstars, 15x6 & 15x8.

Thanks for the ideas guys....Rim choice is hard enough but, tire choices get down right confusing dunno

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're talking about the wheels currently on the car, They are all 16x8s. I've sold them and am going with centerline telstars, 15x6 & 15x8.

Thanks for the ideas guys....Rim choice is hard enough but, tire choices get down right confusing dunno

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
235/60/15 Michelin Pilots

Work great, handle well, ride well.

Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
CallMeMud: Can you give us the full specs on the tire wheel combos in the pictures you posted including rear wheel offset?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The specs of the wheel combo in the pic is as follows:
Rears: 15x10 5in bs 28x10.5 ET Drag(notched frame)
fronts: 15x4 with 205/75 15 radials

Im looking into buyng another set of 15x10s and run some 3xx/50s BFG DRs wink

I should add that the fronts ride very well unike them small 165/15s everyone likes to run. They fill up the wheel well nice and are not that heavy.

<small>[ August 14, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Louie L ]</small>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts