Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the part # for the "new style " (seal can be changed without removing cover) front cover seals ? are they different then the old style seal ? I am having a hard time finding one . Also I need a taller oil pump gear set for this type of cover . are the hi-volume oil pumps a taller gear ? Thanks for ANY help .

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited December 21, 2001).]

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Call T/A Performance at 480-922-6807 They sell and blueprint hv front covers. I'm sure they will have the parts you need. The gears are much taller than stock and I think the seal is the same. I have the hv cover and I think I used a stock replacement felpro seal(not rope). Just install it on the outside.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get a hi-volume pump no problem up here in Canada. I just rather see if I can get the seal up here as well . Rather then go through all the shipping BS .if it is the fel-pro stock replacement that will work . that will be no problem as well . the question is, will the Fel-Pro stock replacement seal work with the "new style" cover . thanks.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Call T/A and ask them. I'm too lazy to pull my balancer off to check

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
683 Posts
KWIK, save your money, buy a OEM stock front cover and send it to TA Performance, they will blueprint it and use stock gears. The front seals hardly ever leak so a Neoprene seal is all you need. I had the HV Gears and they would jam and started to wear my oil pump section. I have 44#s oil pressure at idle, cold and 22# hot at idle, 60#s at 5500 rpm, plenty of oil pressure. Others have had problems with the HV Gears, fit, pulsating oil pressure, excessive wear on the cam sensor etc. I have all the evidence to back up my statements! Badly worn cover etc. Gene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts