Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im tossed about a front mount intercooler or a bigger factory fit bolt on for the stock look ?? Pros and cons of both would be great and did you have heat issues ???
Thanks

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Im tossed about a front mount intercooler or a bigger factory fit bolt on for the stock look ?? Pros and cons of both would be great and did you have heat issues ???
Thanks
Performance wise there isn't much difference between the 2.

Myself I like how a front mount "opens up" the under hood of the car. I have a good cooling system (F-body rad) and my car runs the temperature of the thermostat (160°) so I will be putting a front mount on mine and if my temps go up 10° then I won't be concerned. The front mount I have sitting on the shelf I bought a LONG time ago and it was used and cheap but I know it works and works well so that is why I bought it to sit.

Generally speaking the SLIC's are cheaper to buy new than a FM, but it is all up to what you want and what you can afford or what is for sale when you are ready to buy.

Also my car does have working AC and I do drive it in the summer, that's why it has working AC and my AC works well. :yup:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
how fast you looking to go ??? Track time vs street time ???

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I'd just go with a stock location one. UNLESS you need/want the "Kool guy" look of the front mount. :cool:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Dan, if you had a front mount on Melissa's car you could have gone high 8's!:D
hahaha... also need a Fast , BIG converter , BIG Turbo, an an wellll ya know what I mean :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts