Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced the rubber part of the engine mounted fuel lines?
I was reinstalling mine after they were off for a while and noticed a large bubble in the hose.They seem kind of pricey new,and the metal part is fine.Think a hydraulic hose shop could replace the crimp-on sections?
Thanks ,Hammer

·
Registered
237 Posts
stainless replacement line

i put the stainless one from postons on and it was fairly easy to install. I think the hardest part was getting the fitting into the fuel rail straight.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yes,I did it a few weeks ago while I was rebuilding my latest motor. Take a cut off wheel slice open the factory crimps. Slide off the line. Use only EFI hose and EFI hose clamps,you are good to go. :6:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,Are saying to use a standard hose clamp but rated for EFI ?And if you are where did you get them?Or is there a special clamp I dont know about?Thanks for the info. :headbang:

99SS ,I said fuel line not brake line.And the metal line is in perfect shape .There is no reason the rubber section cannot be replaced safely.For the price (I think Johns is like 200$ or close to it for both lines :eek!: )I will look into fixing it before running out and buying it.Im a machinist ,money is tight. :(
Thanks for the input
Hammer

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I always thought machinests made good $$$ :D

Anyway yes,go to your auto parts store they are near the regular hose clamps. You may have to ask.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Steve Ill look into it.

Actually with about 20 hrs of O.T. a week its not too bad ,but wife doesnt work, have two kids and one on the way ,so it gets tight and T.R. is on the bottom of the list. :(

Thanks again
Hammer

·
Registered
429 Posts
I took my old hoses to a hydraulics shop and had them make me ss braided hoses. Any Hydraulics shop should be able to help you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
make sure the hose is marked SAE 30R9 that is the highpressure fuel injection hose. Autozone and Advance will try to sell you SAE 30R7 and tell you it is the same thing IT ISN'T it is low pressure hose. I got 30R9 at car quest.

"Standard fuel and oil (SAE 30R7) hose is rated for low-pressure applications at 50 psi working pressure up to 3/8” size, and 35 psi for sizes over 3/8”. This general-purpose hose contains a light reinforcement, and the rubber materials can be any compound that is suitable for fuel, oil and vapors."
http://www.gates.com/common/downloads/files/Gates/brochure/TechTipsForm.pdf
http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pdf/tsb/tsb_fuel_line.pdf

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Real ,no pic man. :D (never mind puters wiggin out)

Thanks for the info guys .Im going to start with the local hyd. shop,seems the most reliable.Then I'll try hose and clamps if that falls through.

Thanks again
Hammer

·
It's supposed to do that
442 Posts
I had both replaced (re-made) by a local hydraulics shop(Rubber Specialties) for $60 with new ends included.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts