Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding the front end on my 86 Ttype and would like to know which parts manufactur parts would best suit my needs. I have a daily driver that will be seeing some track time. Thanks...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chuck for the response. I only want to replace the upper/lower control arm bushing and ball joints, I have been hearing horror stories about poly bushing therefore I was considering Moog Parts but I am still undecided. Any input?? Thanks...

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
PST has about any combo of parts U may want. The polygraphite is not supposed to squeak, but still tighten up the steering response.
If you are going to drag race, the rubber bushings are reported to allow better ft end rise/wt transfer, and still be good on the street. The poly is good, if you plan to "carve corners"!
I'm rebuilding the ft on my 86 T. It's going w/ Moog rubber bushings and ball joints.
Individual pieces on EBAG are considerably cheaper than the ap stores. Moog brand is available.

·
Registered
461 Posts
front end rebuild

V/1500: Just curious, your first post says U want to rebuild the front end and then need info for just bushings and ball joints. IMO, you would be off to a decent start, but, realistically, you've got a long way to go if you have intentions to do a "front end rebuild". Consider this; each time you replace a major component to the front end, it would be advisable to have the front end re-aligned. With that in mind, it would pay U to change out as many parts as possible at one time. AC Delco is NOT what it once was, there are many quality aftermarket companies supplying parts for our GN'S. I've also had good luck with obtaining new OEM parts from Glen at Highway Stars at a reasonable price. Good luck to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.