Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on ebay 200006467621 and was wondering if I should buy it for a later install......

Thanks guys,

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
That's a hi-volume pump assy. I'm not sure that's what your looking for but alot of people don't like the additional load it puts on the cam gear and timing set. You'd probally want to take it apart anyways to double check for casting flash and whatnot.
I bought a cover from him a year ago back when he still had GM units. That guy does not leave first feedback either and it sends an email trying to extort positive feedback for himself. I don't know if that bothers you but I'm fed up with those kinds of sellers. Needless to say I didn't get feedback even thought I paid within five minutes.

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
That doesn't sound like much of a deal at $215.00 shipped.

You can buy all the parts from the local parts stores for less money.

Like already said, you would need to disassemble the oil pump from the cover and check for any casting flash blocking any of the oil passages. If you installed it and the oil passage happens to be blocked you won't get the oil flow needed or worse case no oil flow. Then you would have to remove the cover from the engine and then check for the blockage,clean it up then reinstall. A lot of unnecessary work. :yup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
:rant: DONT DO IT i have 2 of those at my house already... aND THE CAM SENSOR DOESNT FIT PROPERLY... THEY NEED TO BE MACHINED
OR SOMTHING,IT YOU WANT A BRAND NEW ONE,ILL SELL YOU MINE I HAVE FROM THEM,NO OFFENSE BUT I BUILT MY ENG WITH A LOCAL GUY,JOE DERRY,AND HELP FROM JACK,AND MY COVERS I BOUGHT FROM THAT GUY,DO NOT FIT... AND HE INSISTS THAT ITS MY MECHANIC TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY HIS PARTS,THAT THEY FIT PERFECTLY..we tried both covers on 3 engines,and the culprit was the cover on every one of them.thru elimination,ruled out the cam sensor,the cam,the block,the oil pump,down to the cover... DONT DO IT.they are giving me a world of sh*t about trying to return them as well... insisting that its us not the product...im soo pi$$ed at them people its insane
i have built alot of engs and work in the parts recycling industry,and got told that it isnt his parts,its my incompetetence..because he is a master eng builder and blah blah blah...ok,my point is,dont do it.the cam sensor will bind on the oil pump bad due to mis alligment,it wont work.thanks for the time... lol :rant:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
2blue87s said:
:rant: DONT DO IT i have 2 of those at my house already... aND THE CAM SENSOR DOESNT FIT PROPERLY... THEY NEED TO BE MACHINED
OR SOMTHING,IT YOU WANT A BRAND NEW ONE,ILL SELL YOU MINE I HAVE FROM THEM,NO OFFENSE BUT I BUILT MY ENG WITH A LOCAL GUY,JOE DERRY,AND HELP FROM JACK,AND MY COVERS I BOUGHT FROM THAT GUY,DO NOT FIT... AND HE INSISTS THAT ITS MY MECHANIC TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY HIS PARTS,THAT THEY FIT PERFECTLY..we tried both covers on 3 engines,and the culprit was the cover on every one of them.thru elimination,ruled out the cam sensor,the cam,the block,the oil pump,down to the cover... DONT DO IT.they are giving me a world of sh*t about trying to return them as well... insisting that its us not the product...im soo pi$$ed at them people its insane
i have built alot of engs and work in the parts recycling industry,and got told that it isnt his parts,its my incompetetence..because he is a master eng builder and blah blah blah...ok,my point is,dont do it.the cam sensor will bind on the oil pump bad due to mis alligment,it wont work.thanks for the time... lol :rant:
So I guess what your saying is??
H'mmmmm Let me see if I can guess this?????

Dont Do It??? They are shady?? :dunno: :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
lol..... yup. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts