Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im planning to hit around 10.1-10.2 when all is said and done in my 87GN. its got fiberglass bumpers, decklid, hood, aluminum drums, all the sound dedening removed, ac removed, no power steering, i got rid of all the weight i could. im hopeing to be around 3200 pounds with driver.

what front brake system would be best for this? i heard that most of the aftermarket setups wont work with my braided stainless brake lines that i just put in? will any work with the braided lines from racepartsolutions.

im using aluminum drums, new hardware, soft shoes, and s10 wheel cylinders in the rear

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
i had a street car runing 140 mph. it had kevlar metalic rear shoes and performance friction (autozone) front pads on stock rotors and calipers. car weighed 3200# and stopped very good!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
given the cost of an aftermarket brake system, the money you spent on the stainless lines ain't nuttin'! :) I am sure you can resell them and get some money back.

Standard brakes on our cars were too small when delivered from the factory. If you end up going seriously faster, I think you will need at least 12" rotors.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so do the kits come with front brake lines then?

thanks guys

im gonna leave my rears alone just with the upgraded WC and soft shoes but after talking to some fast guys with stock brakes- i wanna get bigger brakes, but still fit inside of a 15" weld drag lite

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
gonna be hard to get much larger inside a 15" wheel. I think most kits are complete... :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i dont understand- most track cars use a 15" wheel, and most aftermarket kits are for larger rotors- so your saying that img onna have a hard time finding a kit to fit into a 15" wheel?

let me know what some of you guys are running with a 15" weld draglite

damn this is becoming a money pit :rant:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
go to the Baer site...I may be wrong and a 12" rotor/caliper may work. :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks steve- ill call them up and ask their tech assistance if itll fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts