Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a liquid filled rail mounted fp gauge that doesn't seem accurate to me. At cold start i checked the fp line off and have 45 lbs. After driving it for a while i checked fp again at line off and now its 40 lbs.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
What kind of Fuel Pressure Regulator do you have? I have seen variations in regulators before. Get a FPR that doesn't change. That's one problem that will drive your state of tune nuts.

I also don't trust those rail mounted gauges at all. They are too small to start with, then you subject them to direct engine vibration and who knows how much heat under the hood. I recommend a nice Grainger gauge with a hose.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have the FPR from Kirban's. One with the silver billet like top.

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Dont tune by fuel pressure. Tune by BLM. Just use 32 and 45 as your min/max.

If you need lower than 32 or higher than 45, you need a chip change.

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block w/girdle, stock rods, TRW's, JE pins, 214/210 roller, TurboMotion port/polished heads w/1.77-1.50 valves, T&D roller rockers, Champ intake w/o EGR, PTE plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, MSD50's, TE61, PTE front mount, SMC alcohol inj, JT trans, 3000 vigilante, stock rear w/Hotchkiss arms, and kick ass tunes..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do like to adjust fp when engine is in operating temp or right after you start the car?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Hose off, car warmed up if possible. Plug the hose for smooth idle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you saying plug the hose with my finger while changing the fp?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts