Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are getting out of hand! Seems all I ever get anymore from them is a bunch of verbal diarrhea that they spew to make you think you are getting something but in reality it is just another fee increase. Another case of greed! :rolleyes:

Dear bad87t,

I'm writing today to let you know about changes we're making to eBay.com that are intended to rebalance the overall eBay marketplace by further distinguishing the roles of core listing formats (auction-style, auction-style with Buy It Now, and Fixed Price) and the Store Inventory listing format (used to display large amounts of product in eBay Stores).

Beginning August 22, insertion and final value fees for Store Inventory listings will be increased and will follow a tiered structure based on price--as they do for core listings. For complete details of these changes, please see my Announcement Board post and our Fee Changes Overview.

As one of the vast majority of eBay sellers who use only core listing formats, you are not likely to be impacted by these changes. Core listing fees will NOT be increased at this time. In fact, we're taking steps to boost their exposure on eBay and eBay Express.

I'm confident the actions we're taking are the right thing to do for the overall eBay Community. Auction-style listings have made eBay what it is today. In short, they provide the signature shopping experience millions of buyers have come to expect and provide the fastest way for you sell on the Internet. Look for even more exciting incentives for core listing formats coming soon!

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President
eBay North America

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Ebay is only raising the fees for Ebay Store listings. Regular auctions or Buy in Now fees aren't increasing.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Having been out of the selling end for the last two years I threw about 30 listings on this last month. Even with the crap I didn't sell and the fees I wasted by relisting some of it I came out rather well if I do say so myself. Guesstimating off the top of my head I think I spent about 5% with eBay which I thought was damn cheap. I'm sitting here scratching my head on why you guys are complaining about rate increases and such. But than I dont operate a store with them. :dunno:

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you don't like, don't use e-bay. Nobody is forced to use their services. They provide a service and are allowed to ask what they want for the service. The public has the choice not to use their services...

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
NM Tom said:
If you don't like, don't use e-bay. Nobody is forced to use their services. They provide a service and are allowed to ask what they want for the service. The public has the choice not to use their services...

yup :yup: they give you a cash price on what something is worth :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.