Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's,
I've got some bad news. I decided to pull off my intake to fix an oil leak, while I was there I took a look at the cam in light of the horror stories that have been coming up. I didn't expect to find anything but unfortunately I did.

This cam was purchased directly form Comp Cams and set up with their recommended 941 springs. The springs were installed at 1.750". Rocker geometery was perfect, there was no coil bind etc.

The scary thing about this whole ordeal is how well the car was running. No valve train noise or anything external that would lead you to believe there was a problem. The car actually ran 10.23 @ 134mph in December and I was driving it only last weekend.

If you own any variation of this cam (PTE, MM or Comp)you might want to spend a few hours and a few bucks on gaskets to be sure you don't have a problem. I'm not trying to trash anyone's product but I thought you all should know.

Neal

------------------
'86 T Type 252 cu in Stage II 10.23 @ 134.02
'71 GSX Stage 1
'98 Regal GS

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Neal, that sucks.
We were just talking about this last week, and now you're the latest casualty. Sorry to hear it. I hope the rest of the motor's OK; are you going to pull it and clean it, or what?

Good luck,

------------------

Orange Park, FL
various cars, some running

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kendall,

Unfortunately what I can see so far doesn't look all that promissing. I have the heads off and the cylinders don't look good at all. I can only imagine what the bearings look like. I'll keep you posted.

Neal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Neal, sorry to hear about the cam problem,,,hope you get it repaired soon. Will you have it repaired by Vegas next month? Are you still planning on going?

Later,
Mack

------------------
42.5#Bosch inj,TE-60,Neal Steward chip,2.5 Hooker duals w/dump pipe,chrome maf w/K&N 9"cone,AFPR,BFG's 275/60/15DR's,TH-3"DP,DRWtrans.,ArtCarr 9",2800stall,B&M Cooler,Turbolink,62mmTB,Walbro 340pump,Tony Dequick F/M,LT1 valvesprings
87 GrandNational
[email protected] 60ft(1.77)
Brutal Six Member!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts