Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on a stock downpipe with welded dump on, finally, added three gallons of xylene and headed to my aunts. Car felt great. On the way home I lined up next to my sisters honda to show her the power of the dark side, ate her up of course, we get home and she tells me that flames shot out from under my car when I took off. I asked her from where? Was it flames or a spark? She said it was from under the car, she thinks towards the right front, which would be near the dump pipe. She said it was real quick, like a spark. This was at 4:30pm so it must of been pretty bright for her to see. What was it? Should I be concerned?? A buddy of mine could do this with his honda when he shifted just right and the whole bottom of the car would light up, I believe it was his trans, my trans has been acting up on and off, it takes a while to shift unless you get on it, but it felt fine today. Any clues??

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxx miles, casper thumbwheel chip, k&n filter, bunch of chrome custom stuff, air bags, adj.reg., adj. wstgte, stock engine, stock trans, postons high performance fuel pump hot wired, fenderwall dump, flowmasters, airbags, trans cooler, scanmaster, turbolink.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'd guess it could be flames.
Is your car running real rich by chance?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about it running rich, I wasn't at WOT while taking off on her so I didn't bother checking the o2's. Later I went for a ride and all numbers are good at cruise, still didn't go WOT, too much traffic.

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxx miles, casper thumbwheel chip, k&n filter, bunch of chrome custom stuff, air bags, adj.reg., adj. wstgte, stock engine, stock trans, postons high performance fuel pump hot wired, fenderwall dump, flowmasters, airbags, trans cooler, scanmaster, turbolink.

·
Registered
68 Posts
before my car blew up lol it did the same thing... i had to reset the cam sensor to stop it from backfiring and shooting flames out the dump. try that... i tried everything else just as you have and could not figure it out, took forever, see if it runs ok in bank fire.. if so i guess the cam sensor could be it. unhook the cam sensor after you start the car it switches to bank automatically, just remember to hook it back up or the car wont start..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts