Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought two of those kits from Kirban and I plan on using them in a couple of days. The instructions make the job sound simple. Who else has tried this and what do I need to know before I attempt it? By the way, I have power windows. The only thing I am worried about is that I think I might drop the window. Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hope that "kit" includes the book they sell on the subject! That helps a TON! "Easy"... no, but not that difficult. If you follow the guidlines given, the windows really can get much better, although mine didn't end up quite as tight as "new".

------------------
Jay Jackson
(the 62MM TB guy!)
http://hometown.aol.com/ygettv8/myhomepageindex.html

"YGETV8" '86 gray T-Type 94K... high tens...?? (Finally together and running for the first time in 5 years... but more work needed!) Girdled stock block, Stealth turbo, 62-65mm TB, PI 9.5" 7-disc, Jimmy's Trans, P&P heads, 218/218, Hooker Headers, 3" D.P., HKS w.g., thumbwheel chip, and more... (previously ran [email protected] with the stock long block, DOTs, thru the muff, & on pump gas!)

'86 GN "Beater"... 144K driver w/ P&P stock turbo, 21.5 psi boost, K&N, 3" DP and ported elbow, Z93 chip, 30# inj., Walbro 307, AFPR, new valve springs, alum. drums, 2.5" IC neck, 62mm TB/upper, and that's about it! Best ET: 12.61 (on 215/65 all season radials!); best MPH: 111.97! Now: pump gas, alky and GNX wheels w/ Radial TAs = 12.60 @ 110.87!

'87 WE4 60K ... "stock appearing": TA61, MJ 17 row IC, Blue tops, Alky and 93 octane, 62mm TB, P&P stock elbow w/ 3" DP, and even the "stock" airbox! [email protected] w/ a lousy 1.967 60' full weight and through the muffs!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used the window kits, they are not bad to install. I also installed new door sill weatherstripping when I installed the window kits. I was very impressed by the solid, rigid feel of the windows when I finished the project, but some of that might be because of the new door sill kit also. Make sure you wd-40 or grease up the door locks while you are in there.
I am going to do the window perimeter weatherstipping next, however I have to find aftermarket weatherstripping that is worth installing. Most of the aftermarket weatherstriping that I see is junk when compared to the OEM buick stuff.
Tim
87GN
96Cobra

p.s. Hey Jay! I have one of your TB's! Thanks for the good work!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have those window seals too, and I am going to tackle the weather stripping as well. I bought an aftermarket set from Kirban, hope they work because those GM pieces are too expensive.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Whats in this kit you bought?
I havent looked at a kirbans book for awhile?
I have the how too book. But that didnt seem to help me..

------------------

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The kit consists of a few new brackets and the hardware to attach them. The kit also includes new pannel clips because not too many people know how to remove pannels without breaking the clips. The kit uses screws instead of rivets to make life simpler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts