Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made my first ever passes down a drag strip today. All things considered I think it went ok. Didn't brake anything and had a good time. Thanks to Randy Asbury for being my videographer and giving me helpful tips all day :cheers:. Still on the safe street tune with some 110oct mixed in. Have no doubt the car could go high 11's as is and low 11's with more aggressive tuning. Just need more seat time. Vacuum brakes won't hold it at the line and it likes to push through the beams. Ebrake launch seamed to work the best.

1. [email protected] 2.3 60ft, foot brake no boost
2. [email protected] tried launching off the ebrake, ebrake stuck on
3. [email protected] 1.9 60ft, 5psi off the ebrake, pushed through the beams
4. [email protected] 1.74 60ft, 7-8psi off the ebrake, locked converter @ 1000ft
5. [email protected] 1.7360ft, 8-9psi off the ebrake, locked converter @ 1/8th

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu7tcMdarWM"]1987 Buick Regal Turbo T 4.1 [email protected] East Coast Buick Regionals 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
Congrats! what kind of boost you running?:cheers:

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was still on my street tune. 19.5psi, low 18-19 degrees timing, no alky just 93/110 mix. Next pass I was going to turn the boost up a notch but they had some gamblers race to run. Still working on my 60ft's. Car leaves straight and hooks well.

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
I know I swore my car was pushing through the brakes but it was in my head. Just had to hold it to the floor harder and longer till I was ready to floor it (Steves Tip). Also remove your driver side floor mat if its still there. (Paulie gave me that tip) TPS was off with it in with floor mat in. With 25# and a good launch you'll go a lot faster. Just watch your 02's and turn it up one notch at a time. Its addictive so just set your goal now and be happy with it. I couldnt break into the 10's but 11.0 will have to do because the car runs good and drives home. Thats all you can ask for.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Jordan, was the guy with the camera drunk? Oh wait that was me, the worlds worst videographer. Lol. You had good traction so now it's just a matter of turning it up.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I swore my car was pushing through the brakes but it was in my head. Just had to hold it to the floor harder and longer till I was ready to floor it (Steves Tip). Also remove your driver side floor mat if its still there. (Paulie gave me that tip) TPS was off with it in with floor mat in. With 25# and a good launch you'll go a lot faster. Just watch your 02's and turn it up one notch at a time. Its addictive so just set your goal now and be happy with it. I couldnt break into the 10's but 11.0 will have to do because the car runs good and drives home. Thats all you can ask for.:cheers:
Floor mat was in the trunk and XFI log confirms 100% TPS. I do believe on launch I wasn't sitting close enough and my foot was coming off the gas a bit. Also should have locked the converter from the beginning instead of 1/8th mile. Always next time. Low 11's is the goal right now but the hardware is there for 10's.

Jordan, was the guy with the camera drunk? Oh wait that was me, the worlds worst videographer. Lol. You had good traction so now it's just a matter of turning it up.
Yes camera man was definitely drunk. Should have seen the other videos.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks good but you need a better 60 foot and you will get better time. I went yesterday to Lebanon ny check it out 1.47 60 foot CISCO T-TYPE SECOND RUN AT TRACK 10.20 - YouTube horrible camara guy
I want that kind of 60ft :eek!:. Next weekend is the last day of the season. Plan is to load up a race tune on the XFI, fill it with 110oct, and tweak the boost to about 22psi.

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
I want that kind of 60ft :eek!:. Next weekend is the last day of the season. Plan is to load up a race tune on the XFI, fill it with 110oct, and tweak the boost to about 22psi.
Make that C16 and about 26psi. Let her rip tater chip. What the worse that can happen?! :dunno::wink:

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
adding 110 without increasing timing is like pissing on a candle , yes the boost can be turned up but if the boost were left alone it would be slower than on 93 only ,
you need the timing increased to properly burn 110
It had 3/4 tank of 93 and topped it off with 5 gal of 110. Next time out, I'll load up the race gas map Anderson sent me that will bump the timing. Then I'll raise the boost a couple notches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts