Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a fuel cell that I bought from Summit. I put it in and put a couple gallons in it to check for leaks. Looks good so I fill it up. I missed a pinhole leak at the bottom of the cell apparently, because I go to garage this morning and find 10 gallons of C16 on the floor. :aasmiley162:

So I call Summit and am hot. I told them that they sold me a fire hazard, a wast of $93 worth of fuel, and a time delay. This could have cost me my house, or my life. And I don't need any more bullshit delays if I am gonna make Indy.

So the rep was just like, "oooookay". I told him that :eek:oooooookay" was not good enough. That is bulllshit. My HVAC and gas water heater is in the garage. I can't believe it did not light.

I am so fvcking pissed.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
summits usualy pretty good with customer serivice, they sent a box of parts to me that i needed, fed ex delivered it to the wrong place, so they overnighted a whole box of new parts to me and said if the other show up keep them- fed ex will pay :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
lol damn i just got godsmacked

after i posted that i heard a knock at my door- it was fed ex wanting the other package- i was like summit told me to keep it- the guy was like well we want it. :rant:

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
That could have been bad, but I think you are getting mad at the wrong person. You bought it through Summit but they are just reselling other company's products. Unless it was a fuel cell made by them, I'd be angry at the quality control of the original manufacture, not the company you bought it from. Do you really think the shipping department at Summit has anything to do with checking a fuel cell for pin hole leaks? In situations like this I am sure they are happy to replace it because they will get a full credit RMA from the supplier. :( Important thing is your house didn't burn down and but it sounds like a lot of money in gas got wasted.

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
ajt86 said:

after i posted that i heard a knock at my door- it was fed ex wanting the other package- i was like summit told me to keep it- the guy was like well we want it. :rant:
Ha Ha :rotflmao:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
ajt86 said:

What box..it never came here :dunno:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
ajt86 said:

Okay,so pass it to the guy all soaked in gas.
When he whines,tell him that's why they told you to keep them. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i was gonna say what box but it was a home delivery fed ex truck- they own the truck and i feel bad when they get doced because they made a small mistake- i hate when it happens to me, i guess im too nice :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts