Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled my radaitor out to be upgraded and found signs of brass in oil cooler.it would be were the top line goes in.no sign on were lower line hooks in.by looking in hole were top line goes in you can see flakes and its not metal,looks just like gold or brass flakes.car has 55,000miles all ive ever done is replace head gasket.car runs great and cant figure out what this is. looking for ideas thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you have blown a head gasket then the motor has seen some detonation. This is hard on the bearing on the crank. You may want to drop the oil pan (or have someone do it for you) to pop a few bearing caps and inspect them.

As you have seen the oil cooler has lots of little ribs in the tubes and if there is any damage to the motor the little fins will collect the debre.

Take Care

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
And, it is next to impossible to get all the debris out of the cooler so it will gradually release a little of it to circulate back thru the engine to do a bit more damage.

When you locate and repair the source of the brass, you need to replace or bypass the cooler.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hey Neal Whyte.... Ya have anymore videos of your car to download?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Plug the oil bypass in the oil pump and use a beefy filter!

Drop the pan as stated and look for metal salad.. powersix usa

·
Registered
451 Posts
No at this time I don't have any new video of the car :( Maybe I can get something new this summer.

Thanks for asking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts