Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been waiting years for this, the guy is a personal friend of the family and is an absolute artist w/ old Mopars....just to give you an idea, his 70' AAR Cuda & his 70' SuperBird he restored were purchased by Chrysler and placed in their museum in Detroit :) Looks like this purple pig may see the light of day finally! Suppose to go in in January...then my old man and I will put her together ( he is like a Paulie with Mopars ). Sorry, I'm just excited and had to tell someone :D ...I'm tired of starring at this car on the lift!

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Great News!
Any progress is good progress, right?

I've been looking forward to seeing (and hearing) it ever since you put it in your sig...

Mark

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've been looking forward to seeing (and hearing) it ever since you put it in your sig...
Me too Mark! But I must admit, my 1st priority is to go racing this Spring w/ the Magna boys...and i am on a mission to do just that & prepping Satan in a serious fashion...can't wait till this Spring! So the 'Cuda may get back burnered on getting put back together until the season is over....or I blow up :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice.. love to see that thing together..

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Awesome. Any pictures?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car is a shell right now guys so pictures wouldn't be very appealing unless you want to see purple metal :)
when I get it back it will be a beautiful shell then I will put it back together and gladly take pictures.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had money on one of these till the GN came out in 86/87. 1970 Cuda, 440+6 , Shaker hood , rubber bumpers , red with black interior, automatic, 4.10 dana rear. 30,000 original miles . My dad thought 8 grand was toooo much $ for that old car and talked me into a new one. Gee, do I regret that or what ???
Dummy me same guy also had a Hemi Cuda convertible . Um lets see 14K for it unrestored? Way too much for me in 87 yet I bought my GN for $15600. Turned out documented 1st Hemi Cuda conv built . Magazine test car ,red on red, couple million $ now . And it was 5 miles from my house and for sale .....regrets !!!!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turned out documented 1st Hemi Cuda conv built . Magazine test car ,red on red, couple million $ now
Yup...guy in New hope...now sold off-shores in some rich dude's museum...sold for millions

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It currently resides in Bill Wiemanns collection in AZ .
Good to hear it's back...a lot of the rare one's are rolling overseas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Been waiting years for this, the guy is a personal friend of the family and is an absolute artist w/ old Mopars....just to give you an idea, his 70' AAR Cuda & his 70' SuperBird he restored were purchased by Chrysler and placed in their museum in Detroit :) Looks like this purple pig may see the light of day finally! Suppose to go in in January...then my old man and I will put her together ( he is like a Paulie with Mopars ). Sorry, I'm just excited and had to tell someone :D ...I'm tired of starring at this car on the lift!
Wow..... matching numbers.... what a gem you have in your hands!!!! :eek!::cool::headbang:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok MarkTB & Pyro6...at the request of you 2 guys today at the meeting...heres a lovely pic of the '70 Cuda - Pre-restoration buried on the lift :D

Attachments

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Awesome, that's what I'm talking about. Good to see ya today:cheers:

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Nice. Thanks.
We still need to get that photo of "Satan's Curse" up for you.

Is that the "assembly instructions" where the LF wheel should be?? :eek!: :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that the "assembly instructions" where the LF wheel should be??
I'm fortunate to have my Father still around...he can put this car back together blind-folded Mark, this is his poison!

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
You looking for this Mark?

Attachments

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Ok MarkTB & Pyro6...at the request of you 2 guys today at the meeting...heres a lovely pic of the '70 Cuda - Pre-restoration buried on the lift :D
My experience is pictures before the finished product are so valuable. You look at them once the car is on the road and say "WOW"!!! I can't believe this is what it looked like. I still look at my GMC and Thomas' Ramcharger pics and appreciate the work and $$$$ put into them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts