Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today finally got my Q-jet carb rebuilt and put back on my car and is now running! :cheers: There is a fuel leak I will still have to fix but that will have to wait since it is rainning now and have no indoor place to work on it and a mouse nest to clear out, mice and ants will get into anyplace outside even your car (last year had to clear out a ant nest in an outside trim piece!).

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Glad to hear that you got it running again :cheers:
I just found in my garage a Q-jet side mount filter...didn't even know I had it :dunno: Has the same problem as ours with the stripped out threads for the filter. I wonder what else is hinding in the garage :crazy:

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was able to get a carb with good threads which is the rebuilt one in the car now, it was leaking because the fuel inlet was not quite tight enough just turned it a little bit more and it stopped :yup: . So that is fixed, now the underhood label only says what the fast idle is and does not say what the Curb (low) idle should be. The Haynes book and the Doug Roe Carb book both say it usually is 450 RPM? :dunno:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
RPM should be around 750-800 in drive :yup:

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! that is the low idle right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts