Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says this is a feeler for a 1987 GN BONE STOCK 14K miles original owner my dad was asking 10 grand for the car and i told him he was crazy and to give me a shot at selling it. The car is mint. $16000

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i might know someone intrested.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you still have the car I would look to look at it. My email is [email protected]. Thank you,

Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for not posting on here for a while but I had some issues with the car that i wanted to work out. It had an oil leak that needed addressed, that i didnt originally know about. It ended up being the Intake Manifold gasket which i replaced with a brand new Fel-pro and everything is perfect now. The rear tire had a nail in it and i went a ahead and patched it up to save the original Goodyear Eagle GTs. I will buy a new tire if the purchaser wishes. I am going to post it up on auto trader at the end of the week for the new price of $23,000 OBO, I found that this is a fair asking price for the condition, sorry if this puts the car out of question for anyone but i want to get as much as I can out of the car because my dad could really use the money.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
hmmm usualy when somones selling a car the price drops for negociation. its gone from 10k to 16k to 23K now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep i am just trying to get the most i can out of the car doesnt that make sense? trying to help the pops out

·
Registered
65 Posts
What makes sense is doing your homework on what your trying to sell before posting crap like you do. Personally I wouldn't give you 10 bucks for the car after telling us you fixed the intake gasket yourself, you probably scraped all the old debris and gasket material into the oil pan which will lock up the motor soon :yup:

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Absolutely...

ajt86 said:
hmmm usualy when somones selling a car the price drops for negociation. its gone from 10k to 16k to 23K now?
I agree....Now, it's time to get out the :bflag:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
99ssconv said:
What makes sense is doing your homework on what your trying to sell before posting crap like you do. Personally I wouldn't give you 10 bucks for the car after telling us you fixed the intake gasket yourself, you probably scraped all the old debris and gasket material into the oil pan which will lock up the motor soon :yup:

Your right i should have done my home work before i posted the first listing. You have no idea who i am or my mechanical knowledge so dont judge. I am a mechanic by trade and that is also how i make a living. I grew up working on and modifying cars. I helped build a 1200 horsepower Supra for God sakes, so dont start this crap. And just so you know i droped the oil pan after i did this just to be sure that there werent any particles that fell into it. Keep your ten bucks and your opinions to you self please. :rock: :thumbdo:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm glad you are a mechanic by trade. I however am a Technician by trade, I work on the mechanical and technical side of vehicles. :D

1987 GN all orig, guess you will have to rename your post to 1987 GN mostly original.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
how is it that when your on the computer everyone always is a "mechanic by trade"?????

not saying your not

but i know for god damn sure everyone that claims to be isnt one.

and yes i too am a technition by trade :cheers:
mechanics work at jiffy lube, technitions have college degrees :sw:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Personally I have worked as a GM tech since 1988. Received my associates degree in automotive technology at OSU technical branch in 1988. Been working for GM ever since, currently work at a Chevy dealership in Carrollton which is North Dallas. 12 current ASE certs, 3 current GM master certs, ranked #1 for 5 years in a row in the GM mark of excellence program which includes, Tx, OK, Ar, La.

So therefore I believe I can honesty say I am a technician. Also make over 100k a year turning wrenches at work alone M-F :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts