Turbo Buick Forums banner

FAST with MSD DIS-2 HO

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Get Real 
#1 ·
Got an issue. Finally got the car running- been another 2-1/2 years. I still use the Fast Classic box- the grey one. Two years ago I bought off this site an MSD DIS-4 plus HO ( high output ). I bought it primarilly for the two step to control the launch boost. Got it all together and onto the Dyno to break the motor in. Car ran great until we plugged the MSD into the sys. At that point at 5,200 RPM its like the motor hits a rev limiter - breaks up. From the shop I called a tech at MSD. I was told I needed to reprogram the FAST, changing the Coil Charge to constant 2.0-2.5 MIC. I find that my FAST has no option to change such a thing. I then called FAST- the tech never called me back..
This MSD is the one with dials - not the dip switches.. It was in the box and new when I bought it - but Im thinking the guy who sold it to me possibly knew it was not compatiable - Im not sure about that. Anyway - I would like to use it - its all wired in with the coil interface etc..Does any one know IF I can modify my FAST box to accomodate this particular MSD unit ????????? Thanks Larry

#2 ·
MSD and FAST had a BIG pi$$in contest over this very issue.[AIRC, there were a bunch of posts, threads on the boards.]
FAST probably doesn't want another round of it. Also, I think they no longer support the old box??
I didn't have a problem w/ my setup, but.....

#5 ·
You may want to hold off on that. There is another product out there - pretty simple 2 step and high rev limiter by Bailey..I do not know the mans 1st name..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.