Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got the car running lastnigt and noticed that i have a cracked header. no not the driver side one. its the passenger side one this time. it cracked right by the 3 bolt flange for the turbo. my question is that if i cant get it welded soon can i race like that with doing no damage to anything?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Call Randy at Randy Performance in West Babylon.
pn# 631-643-4339 Tell him I said to call. He may be able to do it tonight or in the morning. Call soon.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ed thanks i'm gonna call him now. i gotta get the car out of riverhead then try to make it

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well picked the car up.. runs good i guess... turbo is real real real quiet. even when you boost it you can barly hear the whistle. but there is a huge diffrence. i guess its because of the hair line crack that is making the turbo spool so slow.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how hard is it to take the whole header out?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
firebird_1252:
how hard is it to take the whole header out?
It would have been easier when you had the turbo off.. Take out the 3 turbo bolts again and unbolt your downpipe from the turbo. You have 6 bolts on the head and 2 on the crossover. Should slide out from the top. I/2 hour off and 1/2 hour on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,

Slightly off question....how hard is it to get the driver side header off, I have the classic header crack..

Thanks!
Bill

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ed so i'm prolly gonna need new header gasket right?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ed i'm not sure i'm just going with my knowledge of sbc and bbc's

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
he he... :D

If you have to use gaskets for some bizarre reason use the Felpro 1400 green ones.

Not the Chebby ones. loser

1 - 14 of 14 Posts