Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Buck Kinney Special will be going on the block at Barrett Jackson . I actually wrenched ( changed the slicks ...lol) on this car when I was 19 years old living in Vancouver in the 80's . My roommate married Bucks daughter and we hung around his shop all the time .Being around this car and Bucks shop at that age was something I'll never forget . the ONLY Canadian ever to be inducted into the NHRA Hall Of Fame . The coolest car guy you ever met , untill one night my buddy Greg accidently knock over one of his brand new race cranks he had standing up on the shop floor ....LOL . I remember trailering this car to a event in Washington state and going down the interstate highway . and Buck was sitting in the car on the trailer breaking in the cam as we drove down the highway . He was CLASSIC cool old school !!!!!! he's now in his 70's+ and still going strong !!!Car wouldnt seem like a 'big" deal now ..but believe me it was back then . :)

1972 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE Lot 1119 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company

racin' thru the raindrops: Buck Kinney bio

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great story Tim.
Thanks for sharing.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Tim that pic hardly looks like you!!
Must be the Hair!! :D

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Tim! You still look great for 65. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.