Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still fighting the idle problems and I think it might have something to do with the fuel pressure as well as the vaccum leaks....I did get the valve covers replaced and I noticed the fuel pressure is at 35 psi is this high for a somewhat stock motor......?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I run my stock GN at 41psi. hose off so I think if anything you are on the low side.

Factory regulator was 38psi. I thought?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
seems like the original regulators were around 38 with the hose off

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
35 is low. I'm running my GN at 45 right now in street trim. Will turn it down to maybe 42 at the track with C16. I ran it for a day at 42 with 92 octane and got a lot of detination in normal highway driving. It likes 45 much better and I don't want to take chances.

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by 6pack2go:
Im still fighting the idle problems and I think it might have something to do with the fuel pressure as well as the vaccum leaks....I did get the valve covers replaced and I noticed the fuel pressure is at 35 psi is this high for a somewhat stock motor......?
Depends, is that reading with vacuum hose on or off????

Vacuum hose on, is just a little high for stock, since the stock regulator was rated at 33 (vacuum hose on) which is about 38 (with hose off).

If however your 35 is with hose off, then it's low.

------------------
TurboDave & Kathy Huinker, mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing,BGNRA San Diego,GSCA-5311,Turbo Buick Web Ring
San Diego CA http://home.san.rr.com/buickv6/
86 GN(MM/MAF Xlator/Extender,MM BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 L69 Z28

1 - 5 of 5 Posts