Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a site , or directions, for replacing my factory electric antenna. It's currently stuck in the up position, with the antenna motor running. Unhooked motor and now can't cover car. Have seen numerous sites that all go in different directs (some say remove from bottom, some from inside fender well, even had one recommend fender removal). What should I do???

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
instructions on gnttype.org

one has to remove the fender bolts along the door jamb and pull the fender out along the lower edge to be able to reach in and grab the antenna...also some bolts along the fender lip...and I usually loosen the ones along the top under the hood just so it will pivot better.

Not a bad job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll try it. I took out the battery/resi, etc... and started to go in front the wheel well and saw that was all wrong. Thanks again..

·
Registered
257 Posts
You probably broke the plastic "rod" that makes the antenna go up and down
All you need to but is the rebuild kit from GM it is only $23.
Its a fairly straight forward job takes about 1 1/2 hrs
Stuart

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
USA1 said:
Thanks I'll try it. I took out the battery/resi, etc... and started to go in front the wheel well and saw that was all wrong. Thanks again..
It's pretty easy...just don't slice yourself on the sheet metal when reaching in.

I usually stick a piece of 2x4 in there to hold it open while I work. :)

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
Steve Wood said:
It's pretty easy...just don't slice yourself on the sheet metal when reaching in.

I usually stick a piece of 2x4 in there to hold it open while I work. :)
That's what i did when doing the job and still removed a layer of skin or two. :eek!:

That was the second worse job to do, ranked right up there with the power window motor replacement. :rant:

The best thing about doing the job is you don't have to do it very often. :headbang:

Good luck. :D

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
dont bend the fender its 500$ from gm unpainted. :sw:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts