Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My factory alarm worked perfect up to this point. Had the GN repainted last summer and when I disassembled the doors, the driver-side security switch fell apart. When I reassembled the doors after the repaint, I installed a new security switch in the driver-side (they were still available new). Haven't driven it much til now, so I took the GN out today to NAPA to get some motor oil, and thought I'd try the alarm to see how it works. Well, when I arm it everything looks ok- shut the door, security light goes out and within about 5 to 10 seconds the alarm goes off! Tried the passenger door and it does the same exact thing. Can anyone tell me if these security switches need to be adjusted somehow, or is it something else? Did what I just write make any sense? Thanks, Joe :dunno:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My factory alarm would go off in the middle of the night for no reason, then one day the security light never lit up any more and no more factory alarm. Maybe a bad module? :dunno:

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you got lucky :wink: I'm hoping it's just an adjustment in the door switch since it worked fine before the switch broke. Hopefully someone will be able to tell me how to adjust the switch :D

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts