1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1987 Buick Grand National
EDIT>I forgot to add the car is a Hardtop<EDIT
Needs a paint job, but not that bad.
Rebuilt motor, to stock specs, 4k miles on it.
Rebuilt Tranny to stock specs, under 20k miles on it.
Interior is very nice, shows some wear on the seats, and one rip by drivers shoulder.
Needs some TLC, very nice driving car.
Little bit of squeaking brakes, but they are ok.
Has an oil leak from where there is a booster plate put in, easy fix. Slight Slight oil leak from rear main seal, nothing to worry about since it is super super common. Leak from valve covers, just needs gaskets, another common problem.
Oil and oil filter just changed.
Runs good, no knock at WOT.
Just had a cat back exhaust put on about 5 months ago, and it has an adjustable wastegate, but i leave it at 12 lbs, and it has a shorty ram air intake maf pipe on it with a big 9 inch k and n filter. Car is located in my house in my garage and has minimal rust. Ive only found 3 places on the body where there is rust, no bigger then silver dollar size. Car is located in Northern NJ, and very accsessable. Car is for sale locally so if iterested please let me know. Looking around $7,300, negotiable.
Will
I have more pics, just send me an e-mail if you are interested and I will be able to send you more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
How many miles on the odometer? Also, in my opinion, your price sounds a bit low to me. I recently purchased my GN from a guy in Fairfax, VA for $7k in worse condition (80k miles).

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i paid 6500 for mine last year in about the same condition :D

some people shy away from cars with rebuilt motor and trans- especialy when its a rebuild from an unknown or nonreputable shop- it hurts the value of the car somewhat

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also forgot to add that the car has a brand new Headliner and Brand New Visors.
Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ill trade you a Mustang for it.... :dunno:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
87gninpa said:
Ill trade you a Mustang for it.... :dunno:
Thanks, but no thanks. I currently have another car and I am being forced to sell the GN. At the time I do not need another car, but thats for the offer.
Thanks,
Will

·
Which Mackey is that?
1,509 Posts
Hey will...I called and asked for Ron....right...Ron? not Rob....Anyway....lol...Still no call back. I didnt even mention what it was in reference to, but I promise now he's gettin more than the usual earfull from me....I can make a def man tell me to shut up!!!!!

lol

Besides...keep the car man!!!! It is a hard top, with a near mint interior....get that driver seat fixed, Iw ill post pics of the car tomorrow, and dude....wait a year or two, keep it covered, start it every so often, and when you got some $$$, paint it and drive it!!!! It is a real nice car, dont get rid of it when the value is about to go through the roof!!!!

Anyway, enough of that, let me know when you want me to do those valve cover gaskets....I believe the gaskets are like 16 bux!

John :6:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
racemybuick said:
Besides...keep the car man!!!! It is a hard top, with a near mint interior....get that driver seat fixed, Iw ill post pics of the car tomorrow, and dude....wait a year or two, keep it covered, start it every so often,

Exactly my plans if times ever got rough... can't fathom selling this monster :headbang:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John, good to see you online.
Anyways, I want to keep it so bad, but my moms not to fond of the car.
She doesnt think its safe since the brakes arnt like her car and it has no airbags. I'll try and schedule a time thats good for you then so i can drop the GN off to fix those valve cover gaskets.
Thanks,
Will
PS: I'll see what im gonna do about keeping the car, maybe talk my mom into letting me keep it, but idk.

·
Which Mackey is that?
1,509 Posts
airbags and abs???????? geeze dude!!!!!!! did she see the size of the car????? i dont think you'll ever have to worry about any of the above!!!!

lol

John :6:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
I FOR ONE, CAN FIRMLY VOUCH THAT A REGAL CAN TAKE A HEAD-ON COLLISION WITH A 2005 CROWN VIC POLICE CRUISER, AND PROTECT YOU VERY WELL. DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Proof: Click here

The only injury I suffered from this, other than the anxiety of looking over my crumpled hood and seeing "Police" on the side of the other car, was the fact that my Limited had coffin-handle door handles, and the driver side one came up and bumped my elbow. It REALLY hurt...at least for a quarter of a second.

Personally I think Regals are pretty safe cars. Just wear your seatbelt...I was when this crash happened, and it worked very well.

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
gnetic86 said:
I FOR ONE, CAN FIRMLY VOUCH THAT A REGAL CAN TAKE A HEAD-ON COLLISION WITH A 2005 CROWN VIC POLICE CRUISER, AND PROTECT YOU VERY WELL. DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Proof: Click here

The only injury I suffered from this, other than the anxiety of looking over my crumpled hood and seeing "Police" on the side of the other car, was the fact that my Limited had coffin-handle door handles, and the driver side one came up and bumped my elbow. It REALLY hurt...at least for a quarter of a second.

Personally I think Regals are pretty safe cars. Just wear your seatbelt...I was when this crash happened, and it worked very well.

I, for one, agree that someone can survive a head on collision in a Turbo Regal. I know, because I walked away from one. As long as you were your seatbelt, you'll be fine. IT SAVED MY LIFE. Tell you mom not to worry too much. This is what was left of my WH-1.

Attachments

·
Which Mackey is that?
1,509 Posts
will!!! what is your email address?

I want to send the pics, but I lost that paper you gave me....I think it is in the wash!!! lol....Anyway, get back to me and I can send them out asap!!!

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts