Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they a bolt-on affair on TR? I did a search on "mirror" and came up with nothing. I've noticed that a few guys are using the 3rd gen mirrors.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Case in point:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't know if i like them they look a little big, not sure about your ? though and hope they are just a direct fit for ya.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the look personally and they have to be better than the shitty stock mirrors. I don't know about you guys but I can't see squat out of the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are they for sure F body mirrors?? :confused: I've got a set of Monte SS mirrors that I'm gonna put on my car that have a VERY similar shape and look real close to bolting up.

Adam

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
:puke: I thought you were puttin the car away for a while ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grumpy said:
:puke: I thought you were puttin the car away for a while ?? :dunno:
I am. It comes off the road Monday, thus I don't have to pay for insurance, thus I'll have a few bucks for parts. Plus, I have a an offer on a house (find out Monday if I got it) that has a 2 car garage (a luxury I don't currently have) and it'll be safer in my garage and I won't have to keep it reg'd and insured while being able to work on it a little at a time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HYBRID-T said:
Are they for sure F body mirrors?? :confused: I've got a set of Monte SS mirrors that I'm gonna put on my car that have a VERY similar shape and look real close to bolting up.

Adam
I thought they were? Maybe they're not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :dunno:

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
What you want are the Monte SS mirrors. Third gen F body mirrors wont fit.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Buy a Monte if you like that look! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TurboDave said:
What you want are the Monte SS mirrors. Third gen F body mirrors wont fit.

Thank you :cheers:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve Wood said:
Buy a Monte if you like that look! :)
LOL, ah come on. You have to admit that the stock mirrors on the Regals suck for visibility.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sinical said:
LOL, ah come on. You have to admit that the stock mirrors on the Regals suck for visibility.
They may suck for visibility, but there are times you need a fast gn.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Sinical said:
guess I am used to them...never noticed a problem..I can see a lane on each side of me...that's enuf! :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
i like the look of the MC SS mirros of the location of them on the 86-88, on the GN above look just alittle outta place.

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Steve Wood said:
guess I am used to them...never noticed a problem..I can see a lane on each side of me...that's enuf! :)
Hey Steven, do you have the same mirrors on your Elky? I got them on my 81, and I never thought they were small. In fact, I think all other mirrors are too big.

·
USAF retired
380 Posts
i've had fbody mirrors on my car since i've had it, i dont thing anyone has ever noticed them.

·
The Tranny Guy
605 Posts
ive got monte carlo mirrors. :kekegay:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
87natty said:
Hey Steven, do you have the same mirrors on your Elky? I got them on my 81, and I never thought they were small. In fact, I think all other mirrors are too big.
It's sitting in Houston so I cannot say for sure...I think they are the same size...don't recall if they are identical, tho :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts