Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would hotchkis lowering springs for an F-body lower a GN compared to say, Bell Tech lowering springs for a G-body? Can the hotchkis springs still be cut like any other f-body spring? Thanks.

------------------
-Dan

'87 GN---stockish, Big Mouth Cold Air, SMC alky, all the little stuff under the hood.
1st time at the track: 13.18 @ 103 w/ a 2.09 60ft.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RacerX, I already have the Bell Tech springs, but it isn't low enough yet. And with that pigtail on the g-body springs, i can't cut them any shorter. I figured i could get a cheap set of f-body springs from the junk yard, but wanted an increased spring rate from stock. Wasn't sure if anyone had any idea or if I was just going to have to try it out.

------------------
-Dan

'87 GN---stockish, Big Mouth Cold Air, SMC alky, all the little stuff under the hood.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blackness,
One more question:..... Would I be correct in assuming that you had to use an f-body isolater after cutting the spring? Is it a 3rd gen. f-body? Thanks again...

------------------
-Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blackness,
Sorry for the confusion in the way I worded my last reply. I was just wondering if the coil spring isolators were from a 3rd gen.f-body b/c I thought you might have had to use those instead of the stock GN ones after cutting the pigtail off of the Eibachs. I guess I was just a little unclear of exactly where you cut them or something. Thanks for trying to get me cleared up on this.

[This message has been edited by pure_boost (edited August 13, 2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts