Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new Champion Alum F-Body Rad (#CC-951) . I've been told a F-body rad is a direct drop in for 86-87 GBodys .and seems to be a very popular drop-in rad over on the other board . This rad has no oil cooler only trans cooler. I never ran a oil cooler on any of my engines - $130 U Pick up :)

Core Dimensions: 16-3/4" high x 26-1/2" wide (3 row core)
Overall Dimensions: 20" high x 32" wide
Upper inlet: 1 3/8" located on driver side.
Lower outlet: 1 5/8" located on passenger side.
Auto trans cooler: included (Radiator will work on automatic or manual transmission)
OE mounting system
OE style brass petcock drain.
Billet style fill neck construction NOT STAMPED

Attachments

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lets move this thing before I throw it up for sale elsewhere . taking up to much room - $100 PayPal/U Pick Up
it would cost you $300+ to get this rad up here .

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Wish I logged in this AM! Great Deal!!!!! :crazy:

·
blank
2,898 Posts
Yep, busy day at work otherwise... congrats whoever.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Someone got one hell of a deal!!! :yup:

I have the F-body rad in GN #2 and it cools it very well even during HOT summer days with the AC blowing. :headbang:

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a heads up to any board members that maybe considering a fbody rad drop in . just came back from the buyers place who happened to have a stock rad laying around . the fbody rad as mentioned was a perfect match up to the stock rad .

·
ASSIMILATING HUMANS
98 Posts
wE aSsImiLATeD tHis tEcH inFo. oUr lOnGE ranGe sCanNerS pIckEd uP beAcHBum sWaPpiNg tO tHis seTuP mAnY LiGhT yEaRs AGo. wE beamEd uP hIs oIl fIlTeR AdAptOr tO oUr rEcycLinG uNit aS hE no lOnGer useS iT fOr hIs aPplIcAtIOn aNd oNly useS aN eXtErnAl tRaNs cOolEr tHaT hE gOt a SmOkinG hOt dEal fRom kWiKr1. thE wEiGht sAvinGs alOne iS eNoUgh tO cHoKe A TiBeRiAn BaT. eNd oF tRanSmIsSiOn.

http://www.turbobuicks.com/articles/FBody_Radiator/

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wE aSsImiLATeD tHis tEcH inFo. oUr lOnGE ranGe sCanNerS pIckEd uP beAcHBum sWaPpiNg tO tHis seTuP mAnY LiGhT yEaRs AGo. wE beamEd uP hIs oIl fIlTeR AdAptOr tO oUr rEcycLinG uNit aS hE no lOnGer useS iT fOr hIs aPplIcAtIOn aNd oNly useS aN eXtErnAl tRaNs cOolEr tHaT hE gOt a SmOkinG hOt dEal fRom kWiKr1. thE wEiGht sAvinGs alOne iS eNoUgh tO cHoKe A TiBeRiAn BaT. eNd oF tRanSmIsSiOn.

TurboBuicks.com - Upgrade To The F-Body Radiator
I have been aware of this swap for some time . but , i never had the chance to actually compare it against the size of a stock rad ...untill today . now i know .

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
That was a good deal.

AJ___

There also is this too. It has oil and trans cooler.
Opinions on radiator?

·
ASSIMILATING HUMANS
98 Posts
OuR sENsOrs iNdicaTe therE iS wAy tOo muCh tHinKinG gOing oN iN thIs SecTor oF thE qUadrAnT. bEam yOuRselVeS tO yOuR nEarEst cAnAdiAn TiRe aNd gRab aN fBoDy rAd. iT wIlL cOsT yOu abOuT the sAme As 3 oF yOuR sTarbuCkS cofFeEs. hIt uP thAt partS whOrE cHanNer fOr a UsEd dUal eLeCtrIc fAn. iT WiLl snAp iN betWeEn tHe cOoLer tanKs. tHe plUg aNd play adAptoR iS AvAilable fRom manY VendoRs iN the uNivErSe. thRow the oIl coOlEr aDapTor iN tHe nEaReSt lArgE fReSh bOdY oF wATEr. iNsTalL a LargE tRanS cOoler oN tHe crOsS bRacInG. iF YoU huMaNoidS dOn`T sTaRt keEpInG tHinGs sImPle aNd iNSiSt oN oVeRtHinKing tHinGs tHen We wILl haVe nO cHoIcE bUt tO aSsiMilatE yOu. eNd oF tRanSmIssIOn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts