Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, lately my o2 readings at wot have been ridiculously low. at wot i'm seeing 052-130 only. shouldn't i be up in the low 800 range? my mods include:3'' dp, 3'' testpipe w/the dump open, stock catback(that's y i keep the dump open), 3''maf pipe with k and n, 009 injectors, 340walboro w/ hotwire, adjustable wga,rjc powerplate, scanmaster 2.1, adjustable fpr, dutt neck, breather kit, and tt street chip. what could be the problem :dunno: last time i set the fp it was at 41psi but don't have the fitting for the gauge so i use my buddies universal one to set it. car feels a bit sluggish lately. boost is at 16 psi too.

Greg

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
never hurts to change the sensor...but, I would be wondering how much fuel it was getting....starting with checking the fuel pressure at wot

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gonna order a new sensor tomorrow. will check the fp tomorrow as well. anything else could be the cause? o2's cycle fine around town but wot seems like something isn't right. just not pulling like it should either.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
if it ain't getting fuel, it will be lean, and, it won't pull...might pop a head gasket pretty soon, however.

When is the last time you put a fuel filter on it?

I would guess a bad pump or filter without more input. Fuel pressure will confirm or debunk that guess :)

Does not sound like an o2 if they are normal at cruise

·
Registered
85 Posts
Make sure your grounds on the back of the passenger head are tight. The ground reference for the O2 sensor is one of the wires. I chased this problem for months, O2's would never go above 400 even though the car seemed to run fine. Bolt was loose, all numbers went normal after I tightened it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well found my little knock problem. they damn clip on one of my injectors broke off and was only running 5 out of the 6 injectors. now the car is running pig rich. won't even spin the tires from a stop extremely laggy and no top end whatsoever. changed the o2 sensor and the plugs today. what else could it be? i'm stumped. my o2's are ridiculously low at wot it's 052 with no knock at all. how the heck could my o2's be that low? any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Greg

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
put the old o2 back in and see what happens

btw. what brand is the new sensor? :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
possible...but, we are back to finding out what is going on with the fuel...fuel pressure should tell all.

Forget what I said about the sensor, I did not go back and read the original post.

fuel pump, fuel filter, or regulator would be my guess again. :)

Fuel pressure reading will tell the story. No vacuum leaks between the vacuum block and regulator? no cracks in the hose?

Watching your fuel pressure gauge will tell the story when you go wot.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks will check all tomorrow. i'm having a feeling its the fpr since it's the only thing i've bought used out of the few mods i've put on lately. will let ya know tomorrow, thanks for the help.

Greg

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
could well be the problem...if it is a billet type, you can take it apart and see if anything is holed, or stuck.

I suspect you can suck on the hose and see if it will hold a vacuum against the diaphram....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fp is fine. swapped the air filter and ran perfect for a little while but then o2s dropped again and runs like a slug. turbo spool is a bit laggy as well. think it might be the dutt neck welds because i found a bit of oil on the top of my ic and my filter had some in it when i changed it. could a crappy weld up for the dutt neck be killing my o2s?

Greg

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
if it is leaking and sucking air in, yes...but, I would have thought it would have been blowing air out under boost??

smear some silicone over the the weld and let it dry.

Was your fuel pressure rising properly under boost?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep, taped a gauge to the windshield and was rising perfect with boost. maybe a vac leak? it's real weird because every once and a while it'll respond great 804 o2's no knock yada yada and pull good but for the most part its running like garbage.gonna pop in a friends ic tomorrow and see if it's the ic that's causing it.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
wouldnt the intercooler weld leaking cause it to run rich- the MAF is seeing air move by and then its leaking out in the IC befor it gets into the engine

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my blm reading on my scanmaster says its at 142. shouldn't it be down to to like 128? car still feels rich and sluggish. will switch up the ic and try and silicone up that lil weld on the dutt neck. i have a feeling something is leaking.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
dont silicone it, check the welds and have it fixed right

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
the silicone was make a quick check to determine if that is the problem..not a permanent fix

better than bubblegum :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
stealthtt said:
my blm reading on my scanmaster says its at 142. shouldn't it be down to to like 128? car still feels rich and sluggish. will switch up the ic and try and silicone up that lil weld on the dutt neck. i have a feeling something is leaking.

142 shows that the ecm is adding a little fuel....if you read the article on blms, you will know that it is with the range of the ecm.

What happens at wot may be different, tho as the ecm is not correcting then.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Steve Wood said:
the silicone was make a quick check to determine if that is the problem..not a permanent fix

better than bubblegum :)

steve i was just saying to get it done right because he has a spare stock IC to put on to check to make sure its leaking- then if it runs better with the stock IC go take the duttneck back to the welder to have him fix it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.