Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im converting my 1983 Cutlass over to an 1986 GN engine. I need some help with fuel pump selection. This Cutlass is an existing street/bracket car. There is a fuel cell already installed. I can only work with an external pump. This conversion has become VERY expensive, so Ive become numb to cost. What are my best options for the pump?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Jack at Racetronix can help you out with a Walbro equivalent to the intank 340. It's a GSL 392. He has great prices!

Paul
72 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train

·
Registered
54 Posts
will that pump support 700 hp?

im also going to be puchasing a external pump soon but only want to buy once so im looking to buy everything to support 700 hp so i know i wont run out at least before the block gives..

[This message has been edited by RED (edited May 18, 2002).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
two of the pumps should have no prob with 700hp. Some guys have said they've been in the 10s on one 340.... so the choice is yours.

Personally for that much power I would run a 6AN return from the regulator and then run two of the GSL392s all the time, none of that pressure activated crap. Just seems simpler and more reliable.

Or at least put a switch on the second pump and fire it up when you plan on stomping the skinny pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts