Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a question. Seem like my right-side muffler collapsed. The rest of the exhaust is still fine, but i was thinking about cutting out that muffler and putting a pipe in its place so it could flow more gases and give it a sound like when mu dump is open. Do you think it is worth doing and will it help my spool time even with 1 muffler?

Thanks
scott

·
Registered
400 Posts
In my opnion, I would just replace the exhaust system with a free flowing one. ATR makes some nice exhaust systems but they are expensive. If your on a budget a hooker exhaust system is the way to go. You can get the hooker exhaust in Jegs or Summit racing for about $279.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heared a gn with a Hooker system and i want something that will give the car a louder sound.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i'm a huge fan of the ultra flows. just wish it was alittle louder at idle.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Originally posted by 86GN11:
I have heared a gn with a Hooker system and i want something that will give the car a louder sound.
Here's what you do. Take a hack saw and cut the cat off at the downpipe, then proceed to cut ALL exhaust hangers. This process should take about 10minutes tops. Remove the pieces of exhaust and call it a day. Car will be loud as hell and the turbo will sound incredible.

Just don't drive for more than 25minutes at a time cause you'll want to kill yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts