·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what will flow/sound better:
2.5" mandrel bent Torque Tech cat back exhaust w/dual 50 series flowmasters
or
2.5" Hooker mandrel bent cat back with either aeros or maxflows

im looking for a low rumble at idle and a nice throaty growl when i get on it.

will the difference between the systems only be seen on a 10 sec. strip car or will power gains/losses be noticeable on a street car

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Flowmasters suck bigtime. They do sound good but the performance drop off isn't worth it. I say stay away from flowmasters. For me the turbo itself is enough muffler.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
"im looking for a low rumble at idle and a nice throaty growl when i get on it."

Stainless steel Ultraflows for great sound yet driveable daily.

Most of the people at the track were using dump pipes at the strip Friday.

I ran with a hollow cat. and the mufflers.

Exactly the way I drove it there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
why not the 3" dual from torque tech?

I just use the turbo for a muff, but.... if I was to use a muff, it would be the dynomax race magnums, bullits or ovals, both straight thru.

------------------
Mike Nelson
Nelson Competition
Motorsports Fab & Brewery Werks
" Cause, once your on the trailer, it's all about the bench racin'...and the beer"

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran the ATR pitbulls on my GN they sound great,and are a very nice unit,The slowmaster's that are on my Turbo-T suck,and are falling apart,I gaurentee the Pitbulls won't do that

------------------
Reregistered once again.
Formerly Gnbill2
Liberals suck

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Go buy sight and sound of your liking. You won't see any performance change in a basic stock setup down to 12.0's. The added weight of a 3" or 3 1/2" system may even slow you down.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts