Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure a way for an agressive sounding exaust setup for a GN. Have any of you guys heard the loudmouth exhaust for an fbody? I was thinking of buying the resonator used in this system and having a shop put it on a 3" pipe. Has anybody done this before? If you need to hear how the system sounds on an f body, go to the fbody shop online and choode sights and sounds, then the exhaust selector, then for an LS1 car, then click on the link for the loudmouth. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
137 Posts
IMHO a loud GN defeats the purpose of having one. If it were me, you wouldn't hear my exhaust, just a whistle. BTW, if you want a loud GN, look into a dump pipe with buick from hell's electric exhaust cutout.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
If you want loud and free flowing get an ATR single shot exhaust. It is both.

PS: It is also lightweight.

[This message has been edited by salvageV6 (edited October 05, 2002).]

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
When I was a kid I put playing cards on my bicycle spokes to sound like a motorcycle

------------------

'87 GN - Stock Block, Stock Cam, Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
11.92 @ 111.77mph

'87 Mazda RX-7 w/GN Powerplant
12.37 @ 122.26 MPH
Visit : http://www.MisRed.com

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i agree with salvage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anybody have a sound clip of this atr single shot exhaust??

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Single Shot and it is not loud at all.. In fact it is quieter than my friends Dual system on his GN. I love the Single.. Easy to install and flows!!!!! Also makes people wonder how I run so well with only single exhaust....

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Originally posted by forzfed:
I agree with firebird_90210 who agrees with Savage!
lol moron. look up 8uwith6 on the other board he has a single shot on his t

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Originally posted by Orlando_87GN:
When I was a kid I put playing cards on my bicycle spokes to sound like a motorcycle

I used all my Mickey Mantle double baseball cards for that. I wish I still had them.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
790 Posts
Whats baseball? Oh, thats the sport where they get paid to much and go on strike all the time. I agree with the baseball card thing! What was the question again? Anyway...I like a quiet exhaust. Sometimes loud is good though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a system that runs dual mufflers instead of the single.I am currently running
dynomax Afterburner mufflers.The result is a
subtle rumble while not being deafining.Gets
compliments on sound quite often.

------------------
85 Grand National usual mods
78 El Camino

1 - 13 of 13 Posts