·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I was just about to post this.

Must have been pretty stressed over the jail time he was to serve.

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
I always found it interesting that when the rich and influential get convicted there is a 5-6 month gap before sentencing....and then even in some circumstances arrange to have a 1-2 month gap before reporting to "prison".

ahhh the haves; and the have nots.... :mad:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Couldn't have happened to a NICER person. :p

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
That sucks! He should have had to rot for several years in a jail before kicking off. He lived the life and left everyone else with an empty pot then went silently. :(

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
probally made sure his family were taken care of and then popped a pill...betcha family does not request an autopsy

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
RobsIron said:
I was just about to post this.

Must have been pretty stressed over the jail time he was to serve.
I'm sure he was pretty stressed! But rumor has it with him being really good friend's with Bush, that Bush was probably going to give him a pardon just as his term ended. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Baloney! :)

That would put him in league with Clinton.
:)

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
How do you pardon someone on charges of fraud? I could see a pardon from a crime against the state such as involutary manslaughter but come on.....a little too much speculation with leftist undertones.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Steve Wood said:
Baloney! :)

That would put him in league with Clinton.
:)
I'll take your one smilie and up you two! :) :)

You mean his best friend? Those two have become really good buddies. George Sr. says he's the son he never had. :yup: :poon: :)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
JohnLarkin said:
How do you pardon someone on charges of fraud? I could see a pardon from a crime against the state such as involutary manslaughter but come on.....a little too much speculation with leftist undertones.
That was just a rumor floating around. Enron was one of the biggest supporters of the Bush campaign. When I heard this, I thought it would be interesting to see if he does. But now we will never know! I think one of Bush's guys killed him. :D

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Ken Lay sold his soul to the :devil: and the :devil: wasn't about to be humiliated by allowing one of his partners to go to jail. :nono: :thumbdo:
:yup:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
forzfed said:
But rumor has it with him being really good friend's with Bush, that Bush was probably going to give him a pardon just as his term ended.
LMAO, the *rumor*, LMAO.
Not to be confused with anything that might have to do with any form of reality.

BTW, pardons are most often done on a Presidents way out. It will be interesting to see how gets pardoned when President Bush leaves. A pardon, for Skiing thou, would probably mean Jeb Bush, wouldn't stand a chance of another re-election, lots of folks in FL lost their retirements when Eron folded up.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Doc1of7 said:
LMAO, the *rumor*, LMAO.
Not to be confused with anything that might have to do with any form of reality.

BTW, pardons are most often done on a Presidents way out. It will be interesting to see how gets pardoned when President Bush leaves. A pardon, for Skiing thou, would probably mean Jeb Bush, wouldn't stand a chance of another re-election, lots of folks in FL lost their retirements when Eron folded up.
Do you people have an English comprehension problem? I said "Rumor" as defined by the dictionary as 1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth. 2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay. That is why I used this icon... :dunno: :dunno: It makes one think, but "no where" did I say this was "fact".

And BTW, that is why I said at the end of his term, as in on his way out.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
86NYGN said:
And your point is??????
It was inherent in the statement

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
forzfed said:
Do you people have an English comprehension problem? I said "Rumor" as defined by the dictionary as 1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth. 2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.
No, do you?.
Why even bring rumor into the conversation, since it means absolutely nothing?.
Might as well just hijack the thread and start talking about when to harvest the corn crops this year.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Doc1of7 said:
No, do you?.
Why even bring rumor into the conversation, since it means absolutely nothing?.
Might as well just hijack the thread and start talking about when to harvest the corn crops this year.
It is for conversational purposes. The article I was reading was about possible people Bush might give a pardon to. The article mentioned the people that Clinton had pardon. I guess your one of the minority that believes the most honest individuals in the world are in politics? I remember seeing Bush make a speech about the bad intelligence info for invading Iraq, or was that a self serving rumor?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
forzfed said:
I guess your one of the minority that believes the most honest individuals in the world are in politics? I remember seeing Bush make a speech about the bad intelligence info for invading Iraq, or was that a self serving rumor?
Spreading rumors wasn't enough now you're guessing when all you had to do is ask a guestion.

WTH, does that have to do with this thread?. BTW, you might try reading Tommy Franks book, and get a better picture of what was going on, before being so quick to ask if others are guilty of *self serving rumors*.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts